Review - Alice Through the Looking Glass Palette by Urban Decay ♡

5 comments

  Hello everyone, hope you're all having a lovely day! 

Today's post is going up quite a bit later than I wanted it to, but its going to be a review of the Urban Decay "Alice Through The Looking Glass" palette. This package of gorgeousness was an early birthday present, and I was super excited to try it out! 
Also being a huge Disney fan, straight away this limited edition collection had me very excited! The palette contains 20 eyeshadows, and there a mixture of shimmers and mattes. Some of the shades, in particular the greens and blues are very out there, however all the other shades are quite neutral and perfect for everyday wear!


When first swatching these eyeshadows, the consistency was really creamy which I love! They are also very pigmented, and some of the shades you definitely have to gradually build up to avoid mistakes, like "metamorphosis" (bottom left) and "gone mad" (second row, second eyeshadow.) As for the brush, for me this was the only thing that let the palette down slightly. Although I love the way the design matches the rest of the palette, I felt that it didn't feel as luxury as for example the brush in my naked palette, and was hard to blend out eyeshadow with. Instead I would recommend the Real Techniques eyeshadow brushes, as these are a perfect, affordable alternative! :)


Above you can see I have swatched a few of the eyeshadows so you can see that they're pigmentation is amazing! My favourite shades from the whole palette is probably the copper toned brown (fourth in from the left) and also the champagne shade which you could also use as an inner corner highlight (third in from the right.)

I really hope you enjoyed this post, if you did manage to pick up anything from the range I hope you like it as much as I do, and if you didn't then don't worry, I'm sure something similar will be released soon! :)

Megs
SHARE:
Previous PostOlder Post Home

5 comments

  1. OMG this palette is gorgeous ! xx

    its-just-snyx.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  2. The palette looks incredible, although I dont think I would be able to bring myself together to spend that much on a palette! Great post though also I followed you on Bloglovin my name is The Pastel Style x
    http://thepastelstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's lovely and thank you very much, will be sure to check out your blog :) xxxx

      Delete
  3. Hi, I've nominated you for a Liebster Award, check out my post http://isabelleamy7.blogspot.co.uk/2016/06/liebster-award.html!xxx

    ReplyDelete

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig